Saturday 3 September 2011

For My Sis

It's my sister's 27th birthday today and so I wanted to do a special birthday card for her. I started it at the beginning of the week with Heart 2 Heart's colour challenge (using the colours Pear, Cocoa & Sorbet) as well as Mojo Monday's weekly sketch challenge (shown below) but it's taken me this long to get the time to finish it. I would like to acknowledge a fellow blogger here, as without her H2H prize winning goodies, I wouldn't have had anything Sorbet to add to this card! Thanks Romaine!

I'd like to think this card is cheery, sociable, elegant and refined, soft but strong, and beautiful in generally every way without being overdone by tons of details - just like my sister! My sister is probably my most favourite person on earth and has always been there for me in my life. She's younger than me but she's still someone I look up to a lot of the time. I don't think I could have survived this life without her! Love you sis!




All products CTMH unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock: Colonial White, Cocoa
Pattern Paper: Miracle, Perfect Day
Stamps: For Every Occassion, Delight, You and Me
Ink: Chocolate, Pear, Sorbet
Embellishments: Adhesive Gems, Sorbet Ribbon
Embroidery thread from my stash.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah!! I had no idea you were so crafty!! Your blog popped up on my newsfeed 2hrs ago and I haven't been able to stop reading! Both your posts on card making and health care interest me I love your blog!! I can't wait to see you next weekend, I want to come to one (or a few) of your gatherings!!
    See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, and your message about your sister almost made me cry. Aren't sisters such a blessing? Thanks so much for brightening my day by playing along with the H2H color challenge! I hope your sis has a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah! What an awesome card! I totally love your description of Sheila too, it's so on the ball, but believe it or not, people feel that way about you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and message made from my beautiful sister. Thank you - Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the butterfly. Sisters are precious for sure.

    ReplyDelete