Wednesday 3 August 2011

"Just Keep Swimming"

Without going into much detail, let's just say that my life certainly has not been going as my original (or even revised) plans proposed. I have been finding myself riding up and down all kinds of plunging, emotional waves. These are the kind of waves that break suddenly and can dump swimmers, pushing them to the bottom with great force. These are the preferred waves for experienced surfers - something which I most definitely am not! I find myself alternatingly fighting the strength of these waves and allowing them to swallow me under for a time. I'm not sure how long this section of ocean lasts before I can enjoy the pristine calm of shallower waters (see previously mentioned "plans") but for now all I can do is take the advice from the very wise family movie, Finding Nemo, and "just keep swimming."

I figured I'd make a card to help solidify my resolve just a little bit.
I was too late for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge but the sketch was SO perfect for what I wanted to do. In fact, it was kind of crazy how the sketch was almost exactly what I had planned in my head. So here it is; sketch and my version.



All supplies CTMH unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock: Dutch Blue, Garden Green, Bamboo
Pattern Paper: Rustic Trail
Stamp Set: Hot Diggity
Ink: Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta
Embellishments: Black Bitty Brad, White Bitty, Regular and Big Brads
Stickles
Sentiment written by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment